Dickerson’s Lake Florida Resort 1924-2017
In 1924, Jens & Emma Larson, Bob’s great grandmother bought the land and 7 fishing boats from A.L. & Ellen Madsen. They built 7 cottages and started a resort called Shady Rest Beach. In the 1950’s Bob’s parents changed the name to “Lake Florida Resort”. Bob is the 4th generation to own the resort, now Dickerson’s Lake Florida Resort.
The fishing boats were made of cedar strips that needed to be dried out over the winter and soaked in the spring so they wouldn’t leak. After that they all needed to be varnished. It was a lot of work!